This delicious dish was the perfect complement to Barefoot Contessa’s Spring Green Risotto recipe. I loved it so much that I declared I was more excited about it than I was about the actual main meal, and I really enjoy the main meal. All of us kept reaching for more because the dish was so garlicky, buttery, and zingy with herbs. You can add it to any pasta meal, or in fact anything you cook, because everyone will love it!
Ciabatta Garlic Bread
Recipe from The Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics by Ina Garten
Duration: 20 minutes
Preparation Time: 8 minutes
The recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
The recipe contains the following ingredients.
- 5 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Grated fresh black pepper
- Half a cup of good olive oil
- 1 loaf of ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
The directions are as follows:
- Turn the oven on to 350°F. Place the garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until minced. Toss in the parsley, oregano, salt and pepper, and pulse twice.
- Add the garlic mixture to the olive oil in a medium saute pan and remove from the heat.
- The ciabatta bread is sliced in half horizontally, and butter is spread on one half. Spread the garlic mixture on the other half of the bread and join the two halves together. Wrap the bread in aluminum foil.
- After 5 minutes, open the foil and continue to bake the bread for an additional 5 minutes.