This tasty salad is packed with great proteins, a little crunch, and some zesty cheese. This is my favorite dinner salad ingredient combination. This colorful dish is also packed with flavor and a variety of textures, from silky avocado to crisp carrots.
If you have left-over bread at home, you can easily make your own croutons. Click here to see how you can make croutons in minutes. You can substitute pre-bagged bread if you do not have the necessary bread in your house. Feel free to use cheese and nuts of your choice and enjoy! Here’s the chef’s salad:
Poached chicken in Chef’s salad
This recipe serves two.
The ingredients are:
- 3 chicken tenders or 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Green leaves or romaine lettuce
- A quarter-inch-thick slice of carrot
- Six to eight cherry tomatoes
- A tablespoon of blue cheese can be substituted for cheddar.
- Handful of pecans (or walnuts if you prefer)
- Peel and slice 1 avocado into strips
- A couple of croutons
- Black pepper freshly ground
- Your choice of salad dressing
You will need to follow these directions:
- Then cover the pot with enough water to just cover the chicken. Cook for 18 minutes at a simmer, covered (14 minutes if you’re using tenders).
- Place the cooled chicken on a cutting board. Slice the chicken across the grain or shred with two forks, then place in the refrigerator until it cools. Prepare the salad for serving.
- Divide lettuce between plates. Arrange carrots, tomato, cheese, nuts, and avocado onto the plates in rows. On top of the lettuce, arrange the cooled chicken in a line. Place croutons on top or at either end of the plate. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and serve alongside a dressing of your choice.