There are so many combinations of potato and vinegar that I had no idea how many potato salad recipes there are! Finally, I settled on this simple potato salad recipe. I like that it is a creamy recipe (using mayo instead of vinegar), and we chopped Yukon gold potatoes into quarters before boiling them rather than red potatoes. In addition to that, we diced up large celery stick and 1/2 a small shallot finely and added 1 large shallot finely diced as well. After the potatoes were cooked and cooled completely in the fridge, we cut them into slightly smaller chunks.
Though I may be biased, I must say that this recipe was a hit. It was just as good as the potato salad I enjoyed in Northern California’s Draeger’s Market. My husband and I enjoyed this dish as part of our BBQ cheeseburgers and also to accompany our Classic Macaroni Salad. Here’s my recipe: #marthastewart
Yummy Lemon Potato Salad
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
50 minutes in total
This recipe serves 6
- Pepper and salt
- Scrubbed 3 pounds (8 to 10) medium red potatoes
- Half a cup of mayonnaise
- Two tablespoons lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Fresh chives finely chopped 1/2 cup
- OPTIONAL: Finely diced shallot and celery stick; 1 shallot, 1 celery stick
- Prepare potatoes in a large pot with salted water over high heat. Once the potatoes are boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until tender when pierced with a knife, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- For storing, cover and refrigerate up to 1 day. Combine mayonnaise, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Add potatoes, shallot, celery, and salt and pepper.