Snap Pea Salad with Radish and Lime recipe
This salad is the perfect side to any barbecue or dinner. It is simple, healthy, and seasonal. Look at how beautiful these organic radishes are! So this week I picked up some kale at the market, where I hoped to find a recipe to go with it.
The only thing I would change is to sprinkle another teaspoon of sugar into the dressing. Our only complaint was that it was too zesty because it contained beans and radishes with a bit of earthiness. Despite its sweetness, the salad would pair beautifully with smoked ribs or chicken grilled over an open fire. The cilantro flavor paired perfectly with our Salmon Kebabs marinated in the same zesty dressing. Therefore we would like it to be a little sweeter and less tangy. These are gorgeous and are perfect for picnics and potlucks because they won’t spoil. This is my radish, pea, and bean salad.
Snap Pea Salad with Radish & Lime Recipe
The prep. time is 25 minutes.
Time total: 40 minutes
The following ingredients are used in it:
- trimmed and halved 4 ounces sugar snap peas (approximately 2 cups)
- Three ounces of yellow wax beans, trimmed and cut into one-inch pieces (about three cups)
- One and a half teaspoons of lime juice
- One tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- A quarter cup chopped fresh cilantro
- One-fourth teaspoon salt
- Feel free to add freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced and trimmed
Please follow these directions:
- Steam beans and peas under 2 inches of boiling water, stirring once, for five minutes until crisp-tender. Spread over a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes until chilled.
- Put lime juice, oil, cilantro, salt and pepper into a large bowl, whisking them together. Add the radishes, beans, and peas; toss to coat. Serve chilled.