The Classic Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
My favorite recipe for summer barbecues and potlucks is this one, and I have tried a few different ones to see which one I prefer. This is too simple to argue with, and you can easily adapt it to whatever you like to eat. For instance, I omitted the onions and doubled up on the black olives, which will always be a favorite. Also, I added a few good pinches of red pepper flakes. I doubled the recipe and served it to part of a twenty-person baby shower. The pasta salad was also made the night before so I finished it off by adding the remaining dressing right before serving. Having a Memorial Day coming up, I will probably make it again. It was gobbled up and tasted zesty, healthy, and fresh.
Classic Italian Pasta Salad
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
This recipe makes: 8 side-dish servings.
The following ingredients are needed:
- 8 ounces spiral pasta or rotelle pasta
- Two and a half cups of various cut veggies (broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, cauliflower, onions)
- Half a cup of cubed cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Pitted sliced ripe olives 1/3 cup
- A cup of Wishbone® Italian Dressing
Please follow the instructions below:
- All ingredients, except the Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, should be combined into a large bowl.
- Dress salad with dressing; toss well. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Make Ahead: If you wish to prepare a day ahead, refrigerate, stir in 1/4 cup more Wish-Bone Dressing before serving.
Optional Addition: You can sub 1/2 cup mayonnaise for 1/2 cup Italian Dressing for a Creamy Italian Pasta Salad.