Zucchini Ribbon Salad Recipe
We have started a new week, so it’s Meatless Monday! There are so many fantastic healthy recipes at the end of this post, so look for more delicious healthy recipes at the end. The zucchini salad I chose from Sunset Magazine’s Sesame Tofu recipe is an entree, so I combined it with it. It was uncertain if the Asian-inspired sesame tofu recipe would pair well with this Italian-inspired recipe, but I took a culinary risk.
The zucchini began to turn crispy on the grill pan after a few minutes, so I took them off. It was great to have the zucchini slightly browned so it added a little crisp to the salad. During the last five minutes before putting the salad together, I cooled down the sesame tofu.
It was a slightly warm tofu, but delicious nonetheless. My decision was to replace this recipe’s dressing with Brianna’s Mandarin Ginger salad dressing, which was excellent! Although next time, I’d only change that in the recipe…I’d switch out the walnuts for peanuts or cashews. It was an overall delicious combination and healthy too! Here is my Zucchini/Tofu Salad recipe
Zucchini Ribbon Salad
The following ingredients are used:
- One zucchini
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Vinegar made from red wine
- A teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Black pepper and salt
- An oregano dash
- The lettuce or arugula of your choice
- Parmesan cheese or Feta cheese
- Toasted cashews or peanuts
The directions are as follows:
- Cut your zucchini into very thin slices then peel them, turning them as you see the seeds. The unusable portion can be diced up and saved for future use.
- Cook your zucchini strips in your oven or over a grill coated with a tiny bit of olive oil, just a few minutes. Before you add them to your salad, make sure they are completely cooled.
- Add 3 parts extra virgin olive oil and 1 part red wine vinegar to the vinaigrette. A little Dijon mustard, crushed garlic clove, salt, freshly ground pepper, and oregano will help.
- Use arugula or your choice of lettuce for a salad base, and dress it with a vinaigrette. Sprinkle toasted nuts ontop, and toss in some crumbled feta cheese or shaved Parmesan cheese.